Saturday, October 3, 2009

Aborted ride last Sunday

I rode over to Alex's neighborhood and met up with him before we rode partially up Mt. Baldy and then on to our customary Sunday ride. It was hell. Ever have one of those mornings where simply putting clipping into your pedals seems too much of a task? Well that day was one of them. We get up to the point where we stop climbing and come down the mountain (which is a 45 mph ride down), go around Bonelli Park and start heading out toward Azusa. I felt like crap physically. The body was staging a mutiny on my mind and after 30 miles I had to turn back home (45 total miles on the day). On the way up Baldy, Alex's asthma kicked in pretty bad but he knew why and it I guess was medication related. I got home in time to watch the 49er game against the Vikings and such a heartbreaking loss for my boys in crimson. It was a loss but displayed such immense improvement from the last 8 years I'm very hopeful this season.

I rode yesterday after work. It's the first weekday ride I've done in two weeks. I ran 3 miles this morning which also was the first run I've done in two weeks. Tomorrow is Sunday and we're cutting Baldy out of the ride tomorrow. I'm sure the lady at the little farmer's market stand we stop at on the way back home will be happy to chat us up and see us. They had the pumpkin patch tent and stuff set up so maybe they'll have pumpkins tomorrow. I'll likely get some from them since they are so nice to us.

After running this morning I went up to Los Rios Farms in Yucaipa. It's the first fall weather weekend we've had this year so far and I wanted to go up to the apple festival. The weather up there was great! I picked up a fresh apple pie and 2 gallons of freshly squeezed apple cider. They are absolutely must haves! Mmmmm! Apple cider seems to have gone up in price a little per gallon and the apple pies seem to not be as high as last year. I wonder if the Oak Glen fire earlier last month affected their apple supply.

No comments: