Sunday, July 25, 2010

This weekend brought some cooler temps here. It was only in the low 90s which was far more comfortable than they 100s we've had previously.

Saturday I went out running a little bit with a friend from work and then came home and relaxed. I haven't been running at all lately and won't be doing any multisport events until I'm done with school. Time is a limiting factor with running and cycling.

This morning I went out riding with Don on our now typical 40 mile GMR-GRR-Baldy loop. We finished in 2:46 and we knew we were faster than any previous trip. We didn't need our cycling computers to tell us that...our bodies told us. I felt really good physically and my heart rate stayed abnormally low overall. Not super low, just lower than normal.

I'm about to start some homework and am finishing up watching today's final stage of the Tour de France. For the first time, I'm actually saddened that the last 3 weeks is coming to a close. I suppose it's largely because Lance will no longer be road racing after today. He has brought a lot of media attention to cycling and has really made it fun to watch. I'm sure it will be enjoyable next year without him but it certainly won't be the same. Where did 3 weeks go? It seems like it just started.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Cassie is so cute!!! Sorry to read that you have to curtail your multi-racing but completely understand. I am still trying to figure out which end on the bicycle is which, just kidding. I enjoy reading your blog, thank you.