Monday, May 31, 2010

Casual weekend

I notched a 7:30 min/mile pace last Thursday and repeated the same today. I do feel my running is improving and I hope it continues to get better since it's the one serious disadvantage I have in the multisport lifestyle. I've said it before and I'll always say it...a good runner will beat a good cyclist any day of the week.

Alex called off sick from riding Saturday morning...something about an ear ache. No biggy. I still went and rode 40 miles on the TT bike. Sunday I went to go ride with Don. We rode up GMR and came back down. I almost feel like my descending was better than it was before. We haven't ridden GMR in probably a year. Because it was a nice weekend, lots of motorcycles were out doing their thing on the mountain road. Going up it never unnerves me but when I'm coming down at 30-35 mph, it can get a little nerve wracking.

Today I went out running my 4 miles and finished averaging 7:29/mile which made me feel good. I intentionally left the mp3 player in the apartment so that I could see if I could do the 4 miles at a good pace without the distraction of music. I'm a bit more confident knowing I can. I will have to run more towards the evening now that the temperature is warming up a bit much for running in the afternoon.

I've lost quite a bit of my fish both from the "ich" as well as from the higher temperature water. Only 7 more days to go...of the higher temps. =(

1 comment:

Mom said...

So sorry about the fish. I hope that the angelfish are still doing okay. Good luck!
I am happy to read that you are back to running, take care.