Monday, June 14, 2010

Pics of El Toro

I went down to El Toro...well what formerly was called MCAS El Toro and roamed around a little while. One of the civilians left a road block gate open to I drove through it and it gave me access to the bottom part of the base. This meant I got to see what became of where I used to work.

As I thought, my old building was demolished and a food donation program building was built in it's place. Most of the buildings on the old base have been demolished. Only a few remain. The roads are largely neglected except for the few that are used by a couple of the companies that have set up shop there. Most of the base is fenced off and inaccessible.

Photo album...

Sunday I went riding up GMR with Don. I made it up in 46:07. I didn't think I'd make it up that quickly but it just means I'm closer to breaking my previous best of 45 minutes. =) We got to the top and took a break and the flies were out biting and drawing blood. So we got the heck out of there and came back down. Later in the day I went over for about 4 hours and helped work on the race truck a bit. It was fun and I learned a few new things.

I tried to get up at 5 this morning to run my 4 miles since it was going to be hot later in the day but didn't succeed. I ended up just coming home after work and finishing up homework instead. I will try again tomorrow morning. Perhaps I can get in a run in the morning before work and go ride after.

On a fish note, the fry are growing daily and becoming increasingly active in the temporary tank. They may be large enough to put in the community tank in about a month or so. Once they are big enough I'll take some pics.

No comments: