Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lots of stuff this weekend

Firstly, let me say once again Happy Father's Day dad!

Friday I went for a 33 mile ride after work. I didn't ride all week because last weekend I got some awful fly bites on my right leg and chose to try and keep them out of the sun until they stopped itching. When I went riding Friday it felt like I had been off the bike for a month. It's strange sometimes how alien things become when suddenly you don't do it according to your normal frequency or routine.

Saturday I went out to Bonelli for a brick workout. I rode 3 laps (21 miles total) and went for a 2 mile run. I felt better transitioning to the run this time although my overall run time was identical. Since I felt comfortable this time though I think I could have pushed the pace a bit higher. I'll have to remember to do that next weekend if I feel good.

This morning I got up after 4 hours of sleep and met Don out in Claremont. We decided last night since the weather is cool and sunny that we would ride out to GMR, go up it and head across to Glendora Ridge Road where we'd take it to Mt. Baldy village and head down to the cars. We both felt surprisingly good. It was a 39 mile ride with about 4500 feet of elevation gain and a very fast descent. We kept our descent under 50 mph...to 46.

A few hours later I headed over to Don's to help work on the race truck. Today I was in charge of getting some of the body plate tabs measured, plasma cut, and prepped. Each body panel requires it's own custom tabs. Ok well every two panels since panels are symmetrical from one side to the other.

No comments: