Sunday, July 11, 2010

In the tank



Whew! This morning's ride up GMR across the ridge and down from Mt. Baldy was a real pain. I didn't recover adequately from yesterday's 80 mile ride down the coast.

Yesterday, I hit every little climb very hard and with all the punishment I could force into the geography. I didn't eat as much as I should have along the way and tanked around 75 miles in. I sucked up the last 5 miles and just finished.

Today I should have called Don and said I wasn't going to go but the specialty endurance powders we use aren't cheap to mix up multiple bottles only to toss them down the sink drain. I didn't think it would have been as bad as what it ended up. I knew I would pay for yesterday but just not as much as I did.

Of course, Don was happy that for the first time in 3 years he wasn't riding behind me but laughed and said it was an empty cheap feeling since I was not up to par physically. Oh well he can have it. =)

I'm glad I had plums here because I ate 4 or 5 of them once I was home and cooled off.
















Finally done!!! All downhill from here.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You still are doing better than your Mom ever could!!!!! We are very proud of what you are able to accomplish!!!!!