Thursday, July 15, 2010

Well, the heat has finally arrived for the first time this year in Southern California. Yesterday it was 100 and I went out for a 35 mile ride. I brought 3 bottles with me and refilled 2 of the 3 on the way home. I think a full bottle of water weighs around 3 lbs. which means I consumed 15 lbs. of water in total and it still wasn't enough. I left the apartment marking my weight just for that reason. I weighed 186 lbs. out the door and even after drinking 5 bottles of water, I weighed 181 before I hit the shower. It wasn't a bad ride though, just very warm.

Today it went up to 104 here. It's 9:30 pm now and the temperature is only down to 92. Last night I don't think the temp. went below 80 all night so I'm sure the same will remain the case tonight. So away the A/C cranks.

I have finally finished planting the fish aquarium. Now I just need the plants to take and start growing. The fish certainly seem to enjoy all of the real plants instead of the fake ones.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I heard that today, July 17, the entire lower 48 states will be in the 90's and 11 of those states should reach 100 degrees. Take care in your riding this weekend.