Tuesday, December 8, 2009




Recently the weather has been uncooperative as far as being able to get out and run. I'm starting to get a little concerned about the half marathon in February. I was looking forward to getting out this week but it seems my roommate has been sick with a persistent cough and fever since Sunday and now I've decided to come home from work today not feeling 100%. I can't risk getting sick. Hopefully I can fend off this tickle in my throat and slight congestion before it gets worse. It is a catch 22 situation though. Be at work in the shop when it's in the 40's inside or at home with my ill roommate. I guess at least at home I can be a bit warmer. Still, it's far from an ideal situation because I fear I'll get sicker regardless of the decision.

Maybe I'll try and get out for a 4 mile jog today anyway. The fresh warmer air this afternoon couldn't hurt too bad. The house is just festering with sickly germs which is worse. Sigh.

The winter storm system finally lifted last night and left us with a very gorgeous looking Mt. Baldy this morning (pic above). If all of the area ski resorts weren't open before this storm they certainly are now.

No comments: