Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Well, it seems yet again it's been awhile since my last update.

A couple weeks ago Lorelei and I went to go see Bowfire at the Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts. I saw these people a number of years ago playing their "normal" routine and was blown away by the little known stringed instrument group. This is such a performance like no other. This year they were playing a holiday themed routine which was phenomenal. Although, I will admit I like their normal stuff better.

Last weekend Lorelei hosted a pre-Christmas dinner at her house for friends of ours and ones of her's that I had not met yet. Unfortunately not everyone could make it. I made dinner and desert from start to finish. I made a Dutch Apple pie, Pumpkin pie, and my mom's dinner rolls Friday night and finished just in time Saturday for the guests to arrive with the glazed ham, au gratin scalloped potatoes, Waldorf salad, and fresh steamed green beans. Everything turned out perfect and everyone really enjoyed it all. The evening was fun and conversation enjoyable.

Now it's Christmas and time to bring smiles and cheer to people's faces. And perhaps those that least expect it. Of course, that's the ultimate reward for a gift giver isn't it? =)

1 comment:

Mom said...

And what a surprise your dad had!!!
Thank you Scott for making this the best Christmas for him!